Welcome to Food Dignity Network
The Food Dignity Network brings together like-minded groups, organisations and volunteers to share best practices, ideas and resources to ensure the safe and dignified delivery of food to those in need in the East Renfrewshire area.
The network aims to provide food supports that are not simply aimed at those living in food poverty but also focus on food waste, recycling and growing your own. We believe this holistic approach will ensure a sustainable and dignified approach to food access and food waste. It will also enable people to participate in learning new skills.
Be Part of the Network!
If you want to join the Network, speak to someone about your idea, volunteer or get involved with an event, just get in touch with Karen McLaughlin at email@example.com or call 0141 876 9555.
To date, the Food Network has:
- Supported 3 local larders in successful Funding Applications securing in the region of £20k from the East Renfrewshire Council Humanitarian Food Fund. (Two of which are now constituted groups)
- Introduced like minded people to one another through network meetings.
- Worked with Partners to develop land into a Community Garden.
- Participated in a local growing veg project.
- Supported organisations with their Volunteer Policy.
- Hosted a Food Network Outdoor event –
Firelighting, Cooking on a Budget and Food Foraging at Whitelee Windfarm.
- Met and built relationships with Food networks across other council areas, building on tried and tested ways of working.
East Renfrewshire Larder
Eaglesham and Waterfoot Community Larder
Neilston and Madras Community Care and Share
Dunterlie Food Share
East Renfrewshire Foodbank
Giffnock Community Hub
Barrhead Housing Association
Good Food Scotland
Generations Working Together
Jewish Care Scotland
Young Enterprise Scotland
Neilston Development Trust
Fare Share Go
Threehills Community Supermarket